Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Alicia Silverstone Says Her 'Kind Diet' Will Make You Feel 'Magical'

Alicia Silverstone was the "it" girl back in the '90s, thanks to her starring roles in several Aerosmith music videos and, of course, her star-making turn as Cher Horowitz in "Clueless." Now, Silverstone has settled into a new stage of her career, acting on Broadway in "Time Stands Still" and releasing her feel-good cookbook and diet plan "The Kind Diet."

"I've been on this journey for 11 years," she said of her healthy lifestyle. "I started to glow, and people were like, 'Why do you look so great?' I felt so much better, and I used to take an asthma inhaler and I used to get allergy shots —and all that stuff went away. And my skin got great. So what I found was at first, I thought this was good karma," she laughed.

Silverstone thinks the ideas in her book can help bring about world peace. And yes, she knows that sounds a bit crazy. "I really believe that, and I know it sounds naive, but I really think its naive to not give that a shot," she said. "What I'm really trying to do is give you all the most valid information available in a really concise, fun way. I tried making it a really fun conversation."

With the steps in her book, Silverstone hopes everyone can be as happy as she is. "My secret agenda is to make people happy and feel good, and that's really my agenda," she said. "I know deeply in my heart it's a better way, and people will feel so magical if they do it. ... I have the secret drug."
In the book, Silverstone also addresses her career and making the transition from young superstar to happy and functioning adult. She even recalled a time in her life when she was working on "Batman & Robin" and was criticized for her weight.

"I just wanted to be truthful, and I have such a sense of humor about it now, but that sucks to be a little girl running through an airport, literally running away," she recalled of being chased by the paparazzi. "And these really large man, fat men, running after me screaming, 'Fat girl!' I was so indignant about it. I was like, 'Look at them.' I was hiding, waiting for the plane to come, and they're yelling nasty things, but I remember thinking, 'What do their children think? What kind of example are they setting for their kids?' "

Instead of letting it get the best of her, she decided to take that negative point in her life and make it a positive. "I feel like I turned out really well, and I'm very grateful to this lifestyle," she said.
Source: mtv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment