Friday, October 16, 2009

Can You Shed Pounds on the Cookie Diet?

At 28 years old and 240 pounds, Josie Raper knew she had to make a change to live a healthier life.
"It's not so easy for me," Raper of Gilbert, Ariz., told "Good Morning America."
"I would rather eat cupcakes than eat veggies and go to the gym."
After trying dozens of pills and programs that didn't work, she found Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet online. Six months later, her size 24 frame was down to a 6.
"When I started the Cookie Diet, there was no splurging or sneaking little snacks," Raper said. "I was very strict and, to make sure that I could stay on the diet, I started the Monday of Thanksgiving so I got through every single holiday without snacking or caving in to my cravings."
Her success story landed her on the cover of People magazine.
Celebrities such as Denise Richards, Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson also reportedly tried the Cookie Diet.
Here's how it works: You eat six specially developed diet cookies with water throughout the day, not as set meals but whenever you feel hungry. Then you eat an approximately 500-calorie dinner of lean protein and vegetables.
Source abcnews.go.com

No comments:

Post a Comment